NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Six Nashville law enforcement officials have been acknowledged by Metro Nashville Police for evacuating people and saving lives from 2nd Avenue before Friday morning’s RV explosion.
The officers will maintain a information convention Sunday at 9:30 am CST. NewsNation will stream the occasion within the embedded participant.
The officers acknowledged embody:
- Officer Brenna Hosey, who has been with the division for 4 years
- Officer James Luellen, who has been with the division for 3 years
- Officer Michael Sipos, who has been with the division for 16 months
- Officer Amanda Topping, who has been with the division for 21 months
- Officer James Wells, who has been with the division for 21 months
- Sergeant Timothy Miller, who has been with the division for 11 years
At round 6:30 a.m. Friday morning, an RV exploded close to the intersection of 2nd Avenue and Commerce Avenue.
Police say officers have been initially within the space investigating a pictures fired name when the explosion occurred. Three individuals have been taken to the hospital with non-critical accidents. The explosion is believed to have been an intentional act.
Entry to downtown is restricted as authorities proceed to research.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is the lead within the investigation. Anybody with data ought to name 1-800-CALL-FBI.